Controller and Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The Controller is BTicino S.p.A., Viale Borri 231, 21100 Varese, email email@example.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Company” or the “Controller”).
You may contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org..
Personal data we process
We collect the following categories of personal data:
- Common data: name, surname, email address, telephone number, company (if any), VAT No., occupational sector and country, navigation data.
Purposes of processing, legal grounds and storage terms
- Collection of navigation data
You may reject the installation of cookies by disabling them on your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc.). This, however, may mean that some web page functions will not be executed correctly.
- Registration to the reserved area and account generation
– quote service;
– possibility to search available training courses;
– services associated with the sale of Bticino and Legrand Group products, including customer support service;
– information on prize contests run by the Controller.Subject to express consent provided by users upon registration, personal data of users registered to the “MyBTicino” reserved area may be used by BTicino S.p.A. and the other Legrand Group companies also for the additional purposes described under items g and h below.
In this case, the legal basis for processing is fulfilment of a request submitted by the data subject or compliance with contractual requirements. The data will be stored for ten years from cessation of the contractual relationship (e.g.: from when the account is closed by the user).
- Providing assistance to the data subject The data subject may contact the Company via the freephone number or the online form available on the website to request information on the Company and/or its products and/or services. In order to be able to recognise the data subject and provide the necessary assistance, the Company collects certain personal data, including name, surname, business name, address, town/city, post code, province, email, telephone number.In this case, the legal basis for processing is the provision of technical or commercial assistance after the sale of products and services. The data will be stored for six months from collection.
- Legal requirements Compliance with the requirements laid down in the applicable supranational and national legislation (laws and regulations, including industry-specific regulations). In this case, the legal basis for processing is compliance with certain legal requirements that are applicable to the Company. The data will be stored for as long as necessary to fulfil said legal requirements;
- Defending legal claims and recovering debts out of courtThe data may be processed by the Controller as necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or to recover debts owed by the data subjects;In this case, the legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest of the Company to act in court against the data subject. The data will be stored for the duration of litigation proceedings, up until when all time limits for any appeal actions have expired.
- Direct marketingSubject to express consent provided by the data subject upon registration to the BTicino portals, the Company may use his or her personal data for direct marketing activities, such as promotional and commercial communications regarding the products and/or services offered by the Company, including of a technical nature (newsletters, catalogues, discount vouchers and participations in communities of various types), through both automated (text messages, e-mails, etc) and conventional (telephone calls, conventional mail, etc.) contact means. Such activities may also regard the measuring of customer satisfaction on the quality of the products/services provided by BTicino S.p.A.In this case, the legal basis for processing is consent by the data subject. The data will be stored up until withdrawal of consent.
- Third-party marketingSubject to express consent provided by the data subject upon registration to the “MyBTicino” portal, the Company may transfer his or her personal data to third-party companies, including the Legrand group companies, for their own marketing activities. Such activities may include, in particular, promotional and commercial communications regarding the products and/or services offered by the Company, including of a technical nature (newsletters, catalogues, discount vouchers and participations in communities of various types), through both automated (text messages, e-mails, social networks, instant messaging apps, push notifications, etc.) and conventional (telephone calls, conventional mail, etc.) contact means.In this case, the legal basis for processing is consent by the data subject. The data will be stored up until withdrawal of consent.
- Technical/commercial consultancy, offer and salePersonal data may be processed for the purpose of providing technical/commercial consultancy, offer and sale services for products and systems marketed by BTicino and/or other Legrand group companies through a direct commercial relationship with BTicino S.p.A.’s Technical/Commercial Managers.In this case, the legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest to conduct consultancy, offer and sale activities regarding products and systems through a direct relationship with BTicino’s Technical/Commercial Managers.The data are collected by the manager during normal contact activities with customers and will be stored for the duration of the commercial relationship between the customer and the managers, with a maximum of two years of no contact.
Mandatory/voluntary provision of data
Provision of the data for the purposes under items:
- 3) is mandatory for registration to the website and use of the services accessible only via the reserved area; failure to provide the data does not affect free navigation on the website pages that do not require registration;
- 4) is mandatory to receive telephone support;
- 5) is mandatory to enable the Controller to comply with the requirements laid down in the applicable supranational and national legislation (laws and regulations, including industry-specific regulations);
- 6) is mandatory to protect the legitimate interest of the Controller to defend legal claims or to recover debts owed by the data subjects;
- 7) & 8) is voluntary. Failure to provide the personal data will bear no consequence whatsoever, except in terms of the impossibility of receiving promotions, discounts and commercial communications or information about marketing initiatives launched by third-party companies, including the Legrand Group companies;
- 9) is mandatory for the provision of the technical/commercial consultancy, offer and sale services.
Categories of recipients of personal data
Your personal data will be processed by employees and/or contractors of the Controller who have received adequate operating instructions and have been expressly authorised to do so.
Your data may be disclosed to independent controllers, including, without limitation:
- Supervisory and Monitoring bodies and authorities in general, public or private, who are authorised to request disclosure of your data;
- Authorised third parties, for the performance of activities that are instrumental to those carried out by the Controller, therein including, without limitation, administrative, accounting and tax-related activities;The data may also be processed, on behalf of the Company, by external parties designated as external data processors, including, without limitation:
- third-party IT service providers and IT support providers that are engaged in the correct and dutiful pursuit of the above purposes;
- other Legrand Group companies, for the above purposes.
With regard to the processing of your personal data by the Controller, you have the right to request access to, erasure of and rectification of personal data, to have incomplete personal data completed, to request restriction of processing in the cases listed under article 18 of the GDPR, to object to processing, for reasons connected to your specific situation, in the cases where a legitimate interest is being pursued by the Controller.
Where processing is based on consent or on a contract and is carried out by automated means, you have a right to receive a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, and, if technically feasible, to transmit it to another controller.
You shall have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority at any time, as well as to seek any other remedies available under the applicable law.
In order to exercise your rights, you may contact the Controller by sending a written communication to the above address or an email to email@example.com.