Controller and Data Protection Officer (DPO)
The Controller is BTicino S.p.A., Viale Borri 231, 21100 Varese, Italy, email email@example.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Company” or the “Controller”). You may contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files downloaded by a website on the user’s computer when the latter accesses the website, for the purpose of storing and/or carrying information. Cookies are sent by a web server (that is the computer on which the website is being executed) to the user’s browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and stored on the user’s computer. They are then sent back to the website at the user’s next visits.
Types of cookies used:
1. Technical session cookies: use of the so-called session cookies (that is those cookies that are not persistently stored on the user’s computer and disappear as the user closes the browser) is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers (consisting of random numbers generated by the server) required for the secure and effective browsing of the website and its applications. Use of the so-called session cookies allows us to avoid using other computer technologies that may be potentially prejudicial for the privacy of users during navigation and does not allow us to collect any personal data enabling us to identify users.They do not require your consent.
2. Analytical cookies: these cookies are installed to collect aggregate information of a primarily statistical nature (how long does a user remain on a web page, number of visitors, etc.).
a. First-party analytical cookies: these cookies are classed as technical cookies in that they are installed directly by the website that is being visited to improve usability. They do not require your consent.
3. Third-party targeting cookies: these cookies are installed through the website by third parties in order to show personalised ads that are in line with the user’s preferences based on the information collected on the pages visited by the user (e.g.: pages visited on this website or other pages visited by the user). They can be divided into:
a. Ad targeting cookies: they create user profiles to show ads that are in line with preferences shown by the user during internet navigation;
b. Retargeting cookies: they show ads offering products that are similar to those for which an interest has already been shown by the user or allow to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign launched by us or by a third party;
c. Social cookies: this website also allows certain social networks (such as Facebook and Twitter) to install their own cookies using their plug-ins. These cookies are managed directly by such third parties and may also be used for the purpose of showing on other websites ads that are in line with your preferences. By clicking on the “Continue” button on the banner or by continuing to use this website
Managing cookie preferences
– by clicking the “Continue” button on the banner displaying the short notice that appears upon access to the website;
– by continuing to use this website accessing another area of the same or selecting an element on this page.
How you can modify cookie settings
The majority of internet browsers are originally set to accept cookies automatically. However, users may set their browser to accept all or only certain cookies or reject cookies altogether by disabling their use. Also, users may generally set their browser to receive a warning every time a cookie is downloaded on their computer. Finally, at the end of each browsing session, users may delete all cookies downloaded on their hard disk from their devices. If you wish to delete all cookies installed in the cookies folder on your browser, keep in mind that different procedures are used by the various browsers for the management of settings.
Follow the links below to obtain specific information for some of the main browsers:
– Microsoft Windows Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-orallow- cookies;
– GoogleChrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&p=cpn_co okies;
– Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies;
– Apple Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
If you do not wish to receive Google Analytics cookies, you may opt out via: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
To find out more on cookies in general, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org To learn more on behavioural advertising and online privacy, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com
If you wish to learn more on Google Analytics cookies, please visit http://www.google.com/intl/it/analytics/privacyoverview.html